Are you a skilled Environment Artist? Come work with the legendary team.
Modeling and texturing compelling assets. Essential skills include a solid grasp of form, color, and light for both 2D and 3D art assets. You can concept, model, and texture your work! You are also up on the latest tools and technology. The ideal candidate works well in an environment of peers who are passionate about working on the dark gothic world of Diablo, making great games, killing millions of monsters and getting loot!
Stuff You Can Rightfully Brag About
What will it take to be successful in this role? They’re always looking for people who are game developers first and who can help the team become even better than they are today, so these are probably some of your previous achievements:
- At least 3 years experience as a working artist in AAA studios
- Work directly with level design to build atmospheric environments with a focus on composition, detail and mood, while ensuring that the gameplay space is readable.
- Author environmental assets for a modern pipeline including modeling, and texturing assets for the Diablo World
- Work with Lead Environment Artist and the Art Director to ensure all environments are meeting the high-quality bar Blizzard is known for.
- Serve as an active participant in team art discussions, critiques, and reviews.
- Experience and a portfolio demonstrating assets developed in a modern pipeline and in-game examples of World Building.
- Experience working with a lead artist or art director in developing unique and cohesive modeling and texturing style for environment assets
- Proven problem-solving / prototyping ability
- An exceptional understanding of form, shape, structure, composition, and silhouette as it relates to world building and modeling.
- Able to work creatively as part of a large or small group
- Ability to mentor junior environment artists and provide meaningful feedback
- Self-driven, excellent communicator, big picture minded and a model team-player
- Thinks of themselves as a game developer first, and an artist second
- A passion for games
- Organized and can optimize levels and assets for performance and memory.