Doesn't they say the same thing about photography when it was emerging? ;)
Agreed. This is just depressing and is a detriment to society. If this keeps advancing at its current rate, good art will be so trivial to generate that it won't be special anymore. Art will slowly morph into a banal distraction, with creating an original piece being as easy as applying an Instagram filter. The role of the human artist will change from a craftsperson to someone who picks a bunch of parameters, gives it to the AI, and chooses the best output. This type of technology is a threat to the very existence of art as a craft, will completely devalue artwork, and will make the journey of training to become an artist obsolete. I hate these researchers for what they're doing to a field that I love.
I disagree. There will always be demand for real artists. Like any other digital software, this is just a tool with the possibility to help artists create compelling worlds faster and add realism that would otherwise have taken days to make using other methods. As a 3D character artist, I would love to use this to create quick backdrops to place my characters in to enhance final renders.
CD PROJEKT RED is currently looking for talented artists to join their Environment Art team in Wroclaw to work on Cyberpunk 2077.
- Participating in the creation of ideas and plans for a locations/levels in our upcoming Cyberpunk 2077.
- Creating photorealistic original textures using various tools and middleware.
- Setting up materials and shaders to achieve best possible final quality.
- Creating immersive lighting & environmental effects.
- Cooperating effectively with Level Designers, Concept Artists, Environment Artists and everyone involved in creating locations.
- Maintain the production pipeline and meeting deadlines.
- Finishing locations and cutscenes with existing meshes and decals.
- At least 4 years’ experience in working in games industry on at least one AAA title.
- Excellent skills in one of the leading modeling packages (3DS Max, Maya, etc.) and Photoshop.
- Good knowledge of composition, color theory, & lighting.
- Basic knowledge of physically based rendering (PBR).
- Experience with procedural content creation packages is a plus (Substance, Houdini, World Machine).
- Creativity and an excellent eye for detail.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work within a team.
- Ability to easily communicate in English.
- Passion for games!
- The opportunity to work on AAA games in a family-like atmosphere.
- A modern and relaxed studio atmosphere with cutting-edge technologies.
- A chance to work in an international environment in a booming industry.
- A competitive salary and project based bonuses.
- Private health care & MultiSport card.
- From 20 to 26 days of paid vacation per year.
- A step by step assistance and ‘Relocation Package’ for foreigners willing to establish in Poland.