Bit late to the game. The kickstarter got cancelled in January! :(
Kickstarter failed and it got cancelled?
will the course contain timelapses?
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a well-rounded 3D Environment Modeling Artist to work within our award-winning Cinematics Department. The position is temporary!
This artist must be knowledgeable of Blizzard’s varying artistic styles. They are continuously seeking to improve their skills and abilities with regards to 3D asset creation. The ideal candidate will work well within a small team environment, is eager to collaborate with other artists and departments to get the job done. They’re excited by the challenge of pushing the quality of our iconic characters of Blizzard Cinematics to even new heights.
- Ability to create epic environmental assets, both stylized and realistic, ranging from hard-surface vehicles and props to organic assets and entire set pieces
- Interpret artistic direction with ease, with or without concept art
- Excellent design and compositional skills
- Self-motivated, strong communication skills and a team-player
- Able to filter and evaluate criticism on a professional level
- Maintain the production schedule and/or communicate any deadline concerns
- Work seamlessly with up and downstream departments to deliver assets fitting their requirements
- Create efficient UVs and topology for production
- Understand current animation/vfx production pipelines with a focus on Modeling, Previs and Layout
- Capable of problem solving creative challenges on the fly
- 3+ years of feature film/VFX/game cinematic production experience as an environment modeling artist
- Ability to concept model, texture and light entire scenes for look development
- Solid understanding of architecture
- Foundation in the traditional arts
- Knowledge of current animation programs like Maya/Max, Zbrush/Mudbox, XGen, Photoshop and tree building software
- Experience rendering with Renderman/Redshift or equivalent
- Understanding of the Blizzard Cinematics visual style, our IPs, and a passion to push it to the next level
Blizzard Entertainment has been rated by Fortune as one of the “Best Places to Work” for several years running (and our ranking continues to rise!). We are a community of 4000 global employees who are passionate about not only gaming, but entertainment and the technology that drives our users experience. Our goal is to delight our customers by never settling for anything but the highest quality and providing worlds filled with creativity and adventure around every corner. You are bright, engaging, eager to learn and ready to make an impact. We’ve been waiting for you!
To apply, please submit a PDF of your resume along with a link to samples of your work and a breakdown of that work.