This priest surely committed to his celibate there...
Cheap art will be just that. The true value lies in commitment and hard work. This is just a tool and without a creative mind operating it the results will hold no magic. Did photography kill painting? I think both are doing and developing rather well.
Very insightful. Thanks!
The FX Artist is responsible for creating high-quality effects with minimum supervision in accordance with art direction and production deadlines.
- Create high-quality in-game effects;
- Create and tweak real-time materials;
- Work with designers, artists, and programmers in order to achieve aesthetic excellence;
- Work within the performance limitations of current platforms;
- Experience with particle systems and geometry based visual effects;
- Strong Photoshop skills;
- Experience with 3ds Max or equivalent 3D package;
- Self-motivated problem solver;
- Ability to manage their own time and work within deadlines;
- Good communication skills;
- Good English skills.
Nice to have:
- Experience with a node-based workflow;
- Experience with Houdini;
- Previous experience in game development will be much appreciated.
- Professional working environment and access to new technologies;
- Career opportunities, including the possibility of professional exchanges with other Ubisoft studios around the world;
- Incentive programs meant to ensure our new employees an easy integration in the teams;
- Motivating salary and bonuses;
- Comprehensive benefits package, incl. meal tickets, transport titles, private medical insurance, etc.;
- International work culture;
- Excellent office location.