Do you love the odd and quirky TV shows and video games from the 80's and 90's? Do you want to work on something equally unique and outlandish? Do you want the personal agency to make decisions that have a major impact on a game's design? Hat Hair Games is looking for a Game Designer to join our team to help construct a claymation metroidvania.
Hat Hair Games is an indie studio based out of the Seattle area. Our mission is to create compelling, unique, and entertaining games utilizing innovative technology. We are enamored with the late 80s era claymation aesthetic, and we use a cutting edge pipeline to recreate that visual style using real clay and 3D scanning. Our goal is to build a fun and visually distinct game that will grab peoples attention and stand out in a crowded marketplace.
- Work with the team to help solidify and expand the gameplay foundations established in vertical slice
- Polish the gameplay feel for 18 playable creatures to provide a tight, satisfying moment to moment experience
- Prototype interesting and compelling boss fights with multiple winning strategies
- Consult on the overall flow and layout of the interconnected world map
- Block-out play spaces where gameplay flow forms memorable experiences.
- 3+ years of professional game development experience
- Hands-on and resourceful
- Proficient in Unity
- Self motivated, comfortable working alone without a lot of hand holding
- Excellent communication skills
- Familiarity with C#
- Experience designing Metroidvanias
This is a remote contract position with potential for full time in the future.