A Game Designer at Streamline Games is responsible for nurturing game ideas from concept to completion. You are the traffic controller of the flow of ideas through the team. Part storyteller, part world-builder and part architect of the games we create. You will work with the Game Director to ensure that the overall vision and direction of the game is adhered to.
- Under the supervision of the Lead or Senior Game Designer, you will work with artists and programmers to make sure that the creative vision is fulfilled
- Design fun and immersive gameplay mechanics, scenarios, and meta-game features, driving them from concept and documentation through prototyping, polish then release.
- Set clear creative goals and deliverables to the Art and Engineering teams
- Proactively balance and tune every aspect of the game in order to achieve the design objectives and produce a great product at every stage of production.
- Create elegant solutions to further the depth and replayability of our games while maintaining the core experience.
- Work with Lead or Senior Game Designer in developing skill and challenge progression for Player.
- Assist in checking and ensuring the quality of the game version, and making sure the features are implemented as designed
- Continuously improve the Game Feel through input, response, context, aesthetic, expectations, and rules.
- Creates and maintains design documentation that keep in pace with the project's progress, and accurately conveys all necessary information to the Design, Art, and Engineering teams
- Participates in reviewing, monitoring, and evaluating workflow to improve or automate the design production process.
- Communicates regularly with the Lead Designer regarding the status of current project milestones and initiatives; obtains guidance and approval from Lead Designer as required to advance initiatives and milestones.
- Run Design meetings efficiently and steer discussions so that they stay on point.
- Communicate regularly with the team to process feedback and iterate on current design.
Team and personal development
- Continuously self-study on relevant design or adjacent topics.
- Stay up to date with the game industry.
- Participate and contribute to group design discussions.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal.
- Able to communicate ideas using visual aid.
- Strong sense of accountability and ownership.
- Ability to work well under pressure and with deadlines.
- Work within narrow design restrictions or broad design concepts.
- Strong knowledge of Game Design concepts (gameplay, learning curve, core game loop, balancing, reward system, player retention mechanics, etc).
- Ability to predict player behaviour and reaction to gameplay elements.
- Veteran game player: Vast knowledge of video games, flagship titles, and their audience.
- Deep understanding of the games industry landscape, market opportunities, and player expectations.
- Experience with Unreal Engine.
- Demonstratable capabilities in their portfolio.
- Remote Working
- Flexible Hours
- Paid Time Off
- Health Insurance
- Career Development
- Relocation Assistance
- Diverse Work Culture & Team Organization