Since 2019, The Gang has been a leading gaming studio for Roblox games and our goal is to build the best, safest, and most engaging experiences in the world. We publish our own games and develop game experiences with the most successful brands in the world in music, fashion, entertainment and technology.
Our mission is to unlock the full creative potential of our audiences with innovative experiences and solutions. This year we have seen tremendous growth with several million active users every day and we are actively looking to find the best people to join us in shaping the future of metaverse experiences in Roblox and beyond.
About the position
As the Game Programmer, you will play a key role in developing new updates to our existing games as well as developing new games on the Roblox Platform. Working on the Roblox Platform and in a small team for each game will give you a lot of creative freedom, this means that you will be able to define the player experience a lot and also you will get to work on every part of the game, from UI-code and gameplay logic to server code.
Life at The Gang - Fun, playful, fearless and always going forward!
We strive to deliver awesome digital experiences and have fun while doing it, always learning and moving forward. Working at The Gang you will have a lot of ownership over your tasks and be empowered to test your ideas and grow in a playful and supportive group.
Starting date: Now, permanent contract after 6 months probationary period
Reporting to: TBD
Location: working 100% remote from home, with the option for hybrid/in-office work at our Lisbon office. Discord and Slack are your best friends.
Work time: Full time on Stockholm working hours
Company language: English
- Experience with programming in the C-family and LUA
- 5+ years of professional game development and/or other software development experience
- Strong English required, Swedish knowledge a plus but not needed
- Located in Sweden or Portugal
What we offer
- A role in a growing and highly collaborative group with room to both diversify your skills and focus on your specialization.
- The opportunity to work on our own established IPs as well as working with some of the biggest brand clients worldwide.
- The opportunity to work with a diverse, fun, and talented team.
- A 100% remote work environment.
- Yearly wellness allowance.
How to apply
About the Company
The Gang is a game development studio from Sweden focusing on developing high-quality games for the Metaverse.