At To The Sky, we are working on an unannounced AA, 3rd person action/adventure game. Developing in Unreal Engine, we are exploring new ways of building impactful visuals and wonderful worlds to explore.
The game is in the early days of development and you will be joining us in an exciting and influential phase.
Your tasks will include both early concepting/prototyping and the creation of assets setting the visual targets for the final game.
Once in production, you are expected to deliver game-ready assets that meet technical and aesthetic requirements. If you're thinking "That sounds like it would fit me!" and you want to continue growing both artistically and in your leadership skills then this should be a perfect opportunity for you.
We are looking for a VFX artist that is self-motivated, driven, and able to act on the direction set by department leaders.
You are also more than happy to share your own ideas, feedback, and solutions with the team and help lead your colleagues with your skills.
General responsibilities and traits
- Creating VFX for high-paced combat with strong knowledge and passion for stylized visuals.
- A keen eye for user experience and player perception.
- Knowledge of design and animation principles such as Anticipation, Impact, and Aftermath.
- Knowing how to apply these principles to your effects, in order to convey emotion and weight to the audience.
- Extensive technical knowledge of the building blocks for visual effects, such as textures, materials, and shaders.
- Technical knowledge regarding simulations and dynamics such as fluids and rigid bodies
- Experience working closely with Animators to synchronize VFX and Animations.
- Experience working closely with Audio to synchronize VFX and SFX.
- Optimizing VFX to address the game engine requirements and performance needs.
- Technical knowledge in scripting and blueprints in Unreal.
- You have a good understanding of creating, managing, and implementing assets into Unreal.
- You are great at both quick prototypes and highly polished final art.
You have hands-on experience within Unreal, usage of blueprints, Niagara, Cascade, and implementing VFX assets into the game.
- 3+ years of experience in Maya or Houdini
- 3+ years of experience in Unreal Engine
- 3+ years of experience in Photoshop or After Effects
- VFX Artist with at least one full game production cycle under your belt. From concept to shipped product.
- Experience with the following software: Fluid ninja, EmberGen, Popcorn FX, Zbrush, Substance, Blender, and Source control.
- VFX experience from the Film/TV industry or cinematics.
- 2D and general character animation experience.
As a member of the core team, being able to consistently work from our Gothenburg office is a huge plus. We feel that in the formative stage of game development, being able to share a physical space is crucial for creativity and communication.
Who we are
To The Sky was founded in Sept 2021 and has its main office in Gothenburg, Sweden.
We develop games for PC and console using Unreal Engine 5 to power our ambitions. But we are not all about development, building a great studio culture and workplace is core to who we are and what we want to achieve.
As a team we stem from various AAA backgrounds and joined together to create the kinds of games we would love to play.