Crystal Dynamics, a part of the Square-Enix family and the studio behind the award-winning Tomb Raider game franchise, is constantly on the hunt to add even more top-tier gaming talent to their family.
The Gameplay Engineer will work directly with designers and animators to build game features and systems within the team's proprietary game engine using C++. Gameplay engineers will work within a cross-discipline team to help build an exciting player experience.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design and implement reliable, maintainable, and bug-free code
- Iterate on game play functionality to “find the fun”
- Build code that is performant for CPU and network
- Use Crystal’s Foundation engine to bring to life the next AAA gameplay experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 1+ years of games industry experience
- 1-3 years of C++ programming experience
- A passion for making and playing games
- Work well in a cooperative environment
- Solid 3D math skills
- A strong passion for gaming including the ability to analyze competitive titles
- Experience building action/adventure gameplay including player, AI, combat, aiming, locomotion and traversal mechanics.
- PS4/Xbox One experience
- Shipped one or more AAA titles
- Networking experience
- Profiling/optimizing skills