uh.. you happy with the crunch number ?
Why not just license it? Let it live and make done money at the same time.
Maybe hire more people instead of making employees work 100 hr weeks? Thats insane.
In this role, you would help the studio realize the creative vision for the game by using established codebase and your own skills and abilities, building the next great gameplay experience.
You can apply here.
- Design and implement gameplay features within an established framework, including server functionality as appropriate
- Design and implement modifications, reorganizations, extensions, and optimizations to existing code base
- Implement and augment tools to expose features to content creators
- Work closely with designers and artists to implement their ideas, providing technical, creative, and scheduling feedback; expand and adapt designs to meet project goals
- Provide time estimates to leads and management; keep co-workers informed about the progress of programming deliverables as well as non-programming prerequisites for feature implementation
- Other duties may be assigned
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have shipped one or more titles.
- Highly proficient with an application programming language (C,C++,C#).
- Ability to adhere to the prevalent coding style and practices, including source control standards.
- Understanding of procedural and object-oriented programming paradigms.
- Familiarity with commercial content creation packages (Maya, 3DS Max, etc).
- Familiarity with component-based programming paradigms.
- Familiarity with networking programming.
Other Skills: Dedication towards individual and team growth. Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in and contribute to a collaborative environment. Good instincts for game design and fun and innovative gameplay. Must be flexible with schedule changes and shifting timetables. Needs to be able to work independently and efficiently when required. Ability to multitask several time-intensive tasks at once.