Assist in the development of basic artistic elements that will constitute the artistic representation of ideas, provide inspiration and become references for the artistic direction of the project.
- With guidance, assist in establishing the style of the project and be a point of contact for elements of art production (Environment, Character, UI etc.);
- Maintain consistent style under the direction of the Art Director and carry out revisions as required;
- Track and update the progress of day to day tasks using the designated tracking tools;
- Communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders to confirm task direction and consistency of own work;
- Produce environment concept art and in-game mock ups, focusing particularly on lighting and post effects;
- Implement and incorporate feedback from Art Director and Leads into work;
- Develop an understanding of best practices, production pipelines, and workflows;
- Effectively communicate basic visual intentions to the wider art team;
- Support the Lead Artist and/or Art Director in any related ad hoc tasks.
Skills and Knowledge
- Good interpersonal and communications skills;
- Good drawing and conceptualization skills with an ability to adapt to established styles;
- Anatomical and architectural knowledge is desirable;
- Understanding of fundamental illustration skills including composition, perspective, and color theory;
- Observation and research skills;
- Understanding of form, composition, use of detail and visual storytelling;
- Digital illustration skills;
- Understanding of Photoshop;
- Understanding of relevant 2D and 3D software;
- Familiarity with data management software (such as Perforce) is desirable;
- Knowledge of the video game industry and awareness of typical video game development processes is desirable.
- Up to 1 years’ experience in an internship or placement year in a professional game studio environment or other relevant experience;
- Bachelors’ degree in Graphics Design, Art or other relevant training;
- Experience working with a photorealistic environment is desirable.