As a Hard Surface Artist at Splash Damage, you would have an affinity for creating anything and everything hard surface from guns to props, gadgets & deployables.
- Create believable and inspiring hard surface assets such as weapons, gadgets, deployables & more.
- Work with Art Leads and Art Director to ensure that designs fit within the style, look and feel of the world/universe.
- Collaborate with the Design Team to maintain gameplay requirements and Tech art to maintain performance requirements.
- Maintain quality, efficiency, and consistency across your work. Adhere to schedules and meet deadlines.
Essential Skills and experience
- Understanding of contemporary workflows and processes
- Expert knowledge of 3DS Max/Maya
- A practical working knowledge of Substance Painter/Designer and PBR workflows.
- Solid understanding of game engines, where UE4 is preferred
- Strong communication and organizational skills and the ability to efficiently interact with team members of all departments.
- A passion for games and enthusiasm for playing games.
- Strong grasp of real-world weapon functionality and design.
- Working knowledge of Zbrush
- Concept drawing or design is a plus.
- Experience of one or more full game development cycles