Ninja Theory, a BAFTA award-winning game developer in the Xbox Game Studios group, is looking for a Houdini Technical Artist to join their development team.
- Develop production-ready procedural tools for asset creation.
- Maintaining and improving existing procedural tools.
- Daily support for Art and Tech teams.
- Problem-solving for key production issues.
- Recognizing inefficiencies and pipeline issues and identifying solutions.
- Enabling other team members to achieve tasks in an efficient & consistent manner.
- Creation & maintenance of documentation for created tools.
- Liaise between Art and Engine programming teams daily to facilitate production needs.
- Extended knowledge of Houdini Including:
- Deep knowledge of VEX
- Experience in creating and maintaining SOP based tools.
- Experience in creating DOP based simulations.
- Experience in setting up and maintaining PDG networks
- Experience in using Houdini Engine.
- Understanding of 3D Maths functions (linear algebra & vector maths) for real time graphics.
- Knowledge of 3D DCC tools. (Maya and, or Blender)
- Knowledge of texture creation tools (preferably Substance designer and painter)
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine 4.
- Experience in creating and maintaining Unreal blueprints.
- Knowledge of Python
- Strong capacity to work independently as well as in a team.
- Good understanding of toolset building for art assets creation.
- A great ability to think creatively to overcome technical challenges.
- Great communication skills and a positive attitude.
- Strong organizational skills.
- A strong desire to investigate new techniques in the field.
- Familiarity with the creation of user-friendly tools and systems that enable artists.