The MSG Sphere is like nothing else on earth. Here, 15,000 people at a time can gather for multi-sensory interactive experiences that are equal parts video game, amusement park ride, ephemeral community, and spectacle. The feel – it’s unforgettable, like sitting inside an eyeball the size of three football fields with sight, sound, scent, wind, heat, and rumble coordinating under computer control to forge an extended reality. You create that reality at MSG Entertainment in Burbank, California.
Specific Functions/Activities Summary
- Help to develop real-time content tools and techniques for large-scale immersive and interactive platforms
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to evaluate, develop, integrate, test, and optimize for various platforms
- Contribute to the technical documentation that clearly communicates complex solutions and challenges to a wide audience
- Relevant coursework and/or work experience as a software engineer, Unreal Developer, Creative Technologist, Interactive Engineer, VR/AR/game developer or similar
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine, including C++ and Blueprints, UI, AI, animation, optimization
- Experience writing shaders is preferred (Cg/ShaderLab, HLSL, GLSL, OSL)
- Enjoys working collaboratively, and executing projects with exceptional attention to detail
- Aesthetic and critical faculties; experience creating VFX and/or technical art is a plus
- Applicants should provide their own code samples for tools or apps along with technical design documentation
The Company requires that all individuals, subject to certain limited exceptions, be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations regarding this requirement.
Candidates who have completed 60 credits of college-level coursework (representing 2 years), or have shown similar self-development through certifications, trade school coursework, etc. are preferred. Educational requirements may differ from job to job based on the role.
With MSG Sphere, we are creating an entirely new medium that will deliver immersive entertainment experiences at an unparalleled scale. Beyond a venue, Sphere is a multi-sensory platform with experiential technology programming directly to your senses. You will see in ways never imagined, hear with every fiber of your being, and experience like never before. To deliver on this promise, we are building the largest immersive venue in the world, MSG Sphere at The Venetian in Las Vegas, with a second Sphere venue planned for London, pending necessary approvals. To create immersive experiences, and content unique to Sphere, we are growing our full stack creative, experience, design, production and engineering team across our Burbank studio in Los Angeles and Ventures headquarters in New York.
At MSG we value diversity and are looking for extraordinary employees of all backgrounds! MSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, sexual and reproductive health choices, national origin, citizenship, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law mandates, MSG complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in all locations and will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required.