This priest surely committed to his celibate there...
Cheap art will be just that. The true value lies in commitment and hard work. This is just a tool and without a creative mind operating it the results will hold no magic. Did photography kill painting? I think both are doing and developing rather well.
Very insightful. Thanks!
Working in the UI team, design and create user-centric products and experiences for the team's game worlds.
- Complete, with support, assigned tasks through all stages of the production process from conception to final sign-off
- Track and update the progress of day-to-day tasks using the designated tracking tools
- Communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders to confirm task direction and consistency of work
- Build relationships with Artists, Designers, Technical Artists and Programmers to facilitate effective collaboration during the asset production process
- Implement and streamline the functionality and usability of assigned features
- Participate in the sign-off process and incorporate feedback into your work
- Respond quickly to changing requirements and feedback
- Understand and work within the project UI art direction to ensure consistency throughout the work
- Produce optimized assets optimisation in-line with the technical requirements and conventions of each project
- Understand and follow best practices, production pipelines and workflows
- Keep your understanding and knowledge within UI art up-to-date with industry standards in this evolving field
- Some limited travel may be expected to other studios depending upon the project
- Support the Lead UI Artist in any ad hoc tasks and duties
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good Graphic Design skills (e.g. Design, layout and typography)
- Awareness of current trends in visual communication is desirable
- Basic motion graphics skills
- Familiarity with data management software (such as Perforce) is desirable
- Good working knowledge of industry standard 2D graphics applications (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, After Effects etc.)
- Knowledge of the video game industry and awareness of typical video game development processes is desirable
- Exposure to industry game engines, design toolsets and production pipelines is desirable
- Previous experience of working in a games industry internship or studio an advantage but not essential
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphics Design, Art or other relevant training
- Experience with 3D applications (e.g. Maya, 3DS Max etc.) is advantageous
- Proficiency in scripting (e.g. ActionScript, Python etc.) is advantageous