This is amazing! Please tell us, What programs where used to create these amazing animations?
I am continuing development on WorldKit as a solo endeavor now. Progress is a bit slower as I've had to take a more moderate approach to development hours. I took a short break following the failure of the commercial launch, and now I have started up again, but I've gone from 90 hour work weeks to around 40 or 50 hour work weeks. See my longer reply on the future of WorldKit here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAYgW5JfCQw&lc=UgxtXVCCULAyzrzAwvp4AaABAg.8swLeUjv7Fb8swt1875FAT I am hard at work with research and code, and am not quite ready to start the next fund-raising campaign to open-source, so I've been quiet for a while. I hope to have a video out on the new features in the next few weeks.
Someone please create open source world creator already in C/C++.
Gearbox Software — award-winning, independent developer of interactive entertainment hits Borderlands, Brothers In Arms, and Battleborn — is looking for a Lead Artist for its Quebec City studio!
- Establish and prioritize level art and vfx needs;
- Ensure the level art and vfx assets reach established quality benchmarks;
- Cooperate with other departments to balance time, quality and budget;
- Create high-quality, realistic environment assets and content including props, architecture, geology and organic elements;
- Collaborate with Design to make sure environment assets support gameplay;
- Achieve quality and style benchmarks established by the Art Director;
- Collaborate closely with the Technical Art Director and art team to understand and, as necessary, establish content creation processes in line with technical constraints;
- Create blockout geometry, establish layouts, apply materials and details.
- Participate in the modeling and texturing of assets, if necessary.
- Coordinates with external vendors and freelancers as required.
- 10+ years of experience as an artist or lead artist in the industry;
- At least 4 published console titles;
- Deep understanding of video game art production techniques and processes;
- 3DS Max expert;
- Advanced knowledge of Zbrush, Photoshop, Substance and Perforce;
- Experience with Unreal Engine;
- Excellent team leadership and interpersonal skills;
- Proven ability to tackle complex problems. Can adapt and troubleshoot;
- Enthusiastic, positive, team-oriented.