This priest surely committed to his celibate there...
Cheap art will be just that. The true value lies in commitment and hard work. This is just a tool and without a creative mind operating it the results will hold no magic. Did photography kill painting? I think both are doing and developing rather well.
Mechamania is working on Exoleap (www.exoleap.com), a groundbreaking location based VR experience with an unprecedented level of immersion.
We are forming a team of talented professionals to work on the VR games for Exoleap. Our first game is a sci-fi based flight and combat experience with a defined theme and concept. Future games are open to exploring other scenarios and game types within the Exoleap universe. It will be up to our newly formed team to come up with fun and exciting ideas.
We are searching for an experienced lead artist who will create the visuals for the Exoleap games. You'll be part of a small team and will work directly with the project owner on shaping the final look and feel of the game portion of the project.
- help deliver an exceptional virtual reality experience
- be responsible for the overall look of the experiences
- modelling and compositing of scenes
- handle the production process of scenes and assets
- direct outsourced contractors
- proactive and with a personal desire to deliver at the highest standard
- strong team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- you are open to and willing to act on constructive guidance and feedback
- good understanding of composition, color and light
- you have a passion for games and a good understanding of what makes a game visually appealing and fun to play
- comfortable working with a custom game engine
- experience in all aspects of the art production process (modeling, texturing, rigging, scene compositing)
- experience with both hard surface and natural / organic modeling
- a solid understanding of physically based shading
- you understand the capabilities and limitations of the technology used in game development
Nice to have:
- experienced in the optimization of scenes for VR
- experienced in scripting and technical art
- experienced in procedural generation
You will work at one of the most creative hotspots in Nijmegen, the Netherlands. We offer a market conform salary.
But most important of all, we offer the opportunity to work on an unique and extraordinary VR project. You will work on games that push the limits of VR entertainment and are going to have a significant impact on the people that are going to experience our work.