Savvy Games Studios (SGS) mission is to create world-leading game studios in Saudi Arabia, creating high-quality games for international audiences. Also to help Saudi’s passionate gaming sector to develop homegrown IP and, more broadly, make KSA a global hub for gaming.
As part of the SGS team, you will work alongside the best global gaming talents who have relocated to Riyadh to be part of the ambitious group, and innovative, passionate, and hardworking Saudis.
Savvy Games Studios is seeking a Lead Artist to supervise and motivate a team of talented 2D/3D Artists for our AAA mobile and console game artwork, setting the team's best art practices and vision. As a Lead Artist, your job is to guide them toward better quality, processes, planning, and execution and to provide them guidance and coaching whenever necessary. In this role, you must anticipate and solve problems at the team and production levels to deliver a stunning visual experience for the project.
- Collaborate closely with the art director to understand his vision and direction and communicate it to team members.
- Assist AD in developing the Art and UI Style Guide to improve the product's consistency.
- Guide and supervise the Art team in creating AAA-quality artwork and marketing assets.
- To assist the Art team, define and establish art standards, processes, pipelines, and systems.
- Work directly with the production team to ensure that schedules and plans meet the needs of the business and the project.
- Participate in all important meetings/sessions to ensure that the product vision and quality are in sync.
- From time to time, Effective informal flow to the team that guides them around the company goals, ensuring that teams are aligned with the project objectives.
- Regularly review and provide feedback on Art in a
- Able to work in different Art styles - be it cartoony, Realistic, or semi-realistic
- Great eye for providing quality and constructive feedback on Art.
- Able to communicate his/Her vision to the Art and game teams with excellent presentation skills.
- Actively participate in continuously improving work methods, processes, and pipelines.
- Share knowledge and recommend best practices to improve quality and efficiency.
- Ensure that the assets produced and integrated respect the game's artistic vision and meet the quality standards. Guide, mentor, and develop the Art team
- Assist the Art team in their development; suggest effective hard and soft skill training and team development sessions.
- Suggest individual and Team recognition and awards to boost team morale.
- Suggest, participate in, and encourage all team members to attend brainstorming sessions to motivate the team to push the product's creative boundaries.
- If necessary, maintain effective communication and collaboration between the in-house and outsourced teams.
- Maintain close working relationships with the project's direct manager, producers, leads, directors, and other teams to improve project quality.
Qualifications and Key Skills:
- Experience working as a Senior, Principal, or Lead Artist for at least ten years.
- Strong Work experience in the entertainment or video game industries.
- Good understanding of the creation of assets for mobile and console games.
- As a Senior or Lead Artist, you must deliver, contribute, or work on at least 3-5 good titles in the past.
- Must be hands-on and capable of contributing to creating art and assets and managing a team.
- To ensure a smooth working flow, all art domains' expertise and knowledge are required, such as creating concept art, key art, character design, Props, UI, and environment design in 2D and 3D.
- Team leadership and management experience are a must.
- Excellent communication abilities and a team-oriented attitude.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic with a Problem-solving attitude.
- Drawing, painting, sculpting, and other artistic skills are Mandatory.
- Excellent Photoshop or other comparable package knowledge.
- Excellent understanding of 3D software like 3DS Max, Maya, Zbrush, Blender, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of game engines such as Unity or Unreal.
- Good understanding of the Current and all other games and why they are popular.
- Capable of driving change, Adopting new processes and Pipelines, and inspiring others to come up with new ideas.
Relocation assistance is offered