Weekly NewsletterThank you for subscription. You'll be getting weekly digest every Friday.
Lead Artist at Ubisoft Blue Byte
3 December, 2018
The team is now accepting applications for a Lead Artist (Far Cry) to be based at their Berlin studio.
Salary: not mentioned
Company: Ubisoft Blue Byte
Location: Germany, Berlin
Position type: Full-time
Remote job: no
Relocation Assistance: yes
- Define and establish art standards/systems and ensure all creative material is consistent
- Ensure the style supports the target demographic and consumer expectations
- Identify inconsistencies and opportunities for improvement within the creative process
- Lead the development, maintenance, and vision for art direction
- Accurately distinguish which art issues are critical
- Ensure accuracy of art scope, schedule, and budget
- Develop and sign off on creative estimates and ensure execution of all deliverables
- Work directly with production to ensure that schedules and plans meet business and project needs
- Educate and facilitate communication with design, coding, production, QA and marketing teams
- Guide, mentor and develop the team
- Research, explore, and communicate artistic best practices in order to identify the most effective methodologies
- Provide quality improvement on processes for planning, execution, approval and reporting
- Provide visual solutions to problems while working in collaboration with other members of the game team, including artists, designers, and engineers
- 10+ years’ experience as an artist or animator
- Proven experience in the entertainment and/or video game industry
- Knowledge and experience with one or more 2D and 3D software packages, including 3ds Max, Maya, ZBrush or Mudbox, and Photoshop.
- Knowledge of art development methods, necessary tools and production
- Wide range of experience in all areas of game art, including creation of backgrounds, characters, game objects, user interface, animation, creation of 3D objects, particle effects.
- Deep understanding/philosophy of game development and the realities of production from a tech, and design standpoint
- Ability to provide clear and constructive feedback to artists on their work
- Strong communication and writing skills, with experience communicating both creative and technical feedback in English
- Real Passion for games