No one will discuss the new destruction system below.
Besides, if you'd be involved in project budgeting you would be aware that the costs are growing and using cheap alternatives is inevitable. This is the business. first of all.
If you hate people that can make your life easier and see the threat in everything related to AI then you can hardly call yourself an artist. Rather than a kid who likes to be in a comfort zone.
The team is now accepting applications for a Lead Artist (Far Cry) to be based at their Berlin studio.
- Define and establish art standards/systems and ensure all creative material is consistent
- Ensure the style supports the target demographic and consumer expectations
- Identify inconsistencies and opportunities for improvement within the creative process
- Lead the development, maintenance, and vision for art direction
- Accurately distinguish which art issues are critical
- Ensure accuracy of art scope, schedule, and budget
- Develop and sign off on creative estimates and ensure execution of all deliverables
- Work directly with production to ensure that schedules and plans meet business and project needs
- Educate and facilitate communication with design, coding, production, QA and marketing teams
- Guide, mentor and develop the team
- Research, explore, and communicate artistic best practices in order to identify the most effective methodologies
- Provide quality improvement on processes for planning, execution, approval and reporting
- Provide visual solutions to problems while working in collaboration with other members of the game team, including artists, designers, and engineers
- 10+ years’ experience as an artist or animator
- Proven experience in the entertainment and/or video game industry
- Knowledge and experience with one or more 2D and 3D software packages, including 3ds Max, Maya, ZBrush or Mudbox, and Photoshop.
- Knowledge of art development methods, necessary tools and production
- Wide range of experience in all areas of game art, including creation of backgrounds, characters, game objects, user interface, animation, creation of 3D objects, particle effects.
- Deep understanding/philosophy of game development and the realities of production from a tech, and design standpoint
- Ability to provide clear and constructive feedback to artists on their work
- Strong communication and writing skills, with experience communicating both creative and technical feedback in English
- Real Passion for games