Would you enjoy the freedom to create AAA first party PlayStation games working from anywhere in the UK including our Liverpool studio?
We're looking for a Lead Cinematic Character Animator to build and grow a team to deliver a dark, story-driven next-generation Narrative Adventure.
With genre-defining goals, this ambitious project takes atmosphere, storytelling, player agency, and narrative, into ground-breaking territory on next-gen technology. The successful Cinematic Character Lead will share that ambition.
This title has AAA ambitions, with a strong focus on character, art, and animation. We’re aiming for a specificity that delivers distinct performance, heightens player immersion, and sets a new bar for cinematic character animation.
A visionary game development studio founded in 2012, Firesprite creates showcase games as part of the PlayStation Studios family.
Our people are at the heart of our success.
Upon joining Firesprite you’ll be welcomed by talented creative colleagues from a broad range of backgrounds and experience, focused on learning and supporting each other. We build innovative experiences that surprise and delight our audiences.
We are committed to wellbeing, equality, diversity, inclusion and belonging. In support of this we are proud to be partners in Safe In Our World #LevelUpMentalHealth and a UKIE #RaiseTheGame Partner
- Working closely with the Animation Director, Narrative Director, and Technical Animation Lead, you will:
- Realize motion-captured and keyframed animation to a truly cinematic level.
- Carry the creative vision through every performance.
- Cultivate a team capable of realizing the highest quality in cinematic character animation, facial animation, animals, props, and vehicles.
- Prioritize and manage tasks to ensure that deliverables are completed on time
- Communicate with other disciplines to resolve any creative or technical difficulties and push project quality.
- Develop in-house capabilities in character animation production.
- Proven experience as a Lead Cinematic Character Animator on at least one shipped PC or console title.
- AAA Cinematic Animation experience.
- Great communication skills, and capacity to lead and motivate a team of animators.
- An excellent eye for improving animation and animator capabilities as well as conveying story and character emotion / thought in animation.
- Ability to deliver nuance and subtlety from performance capture and keyframed animation.
- Experienced with an entire cinematic motion-capture pipeline from prep, and capture, to delivery and implementation.
- Great working knowledge of UE4 cinematic tools or equivalent tech
- Thorough knowledge of MotionBuilder, Maya, or other equivalent 3D programs
- A deep understanding of the principles of animation, body movement, and mechanics as well as an ability to adapt to different animation styles.
Additional or Beneficial Skills
- Any experience with UE4 Maya Animation Rigging Toolset (ART)
- Private Healthcare Plan
- Bonus Scheme
- Enhanced Holiday Allowance
- Pension Plans
- Work remotely within the UK
- Training & Development
- Employee Assistance Programme - Counselling
Firesprite is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We welcome and encourage applications from all suitable applicants regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.