Firewalk Studios is looking for a Lead Concept Artist who is passionate about bringing exceptional entertainment to millions of players.
Who you are:
- You have a consistently high-quality portfolio displaying a wide range of skills, from characters to environments to industrial design.
- You are a proven team leader who focuses both on your own craft as well as the growth and development of your Concept Art team.
- You set a high bar as an example to follow, both through your work and in the way you interact with other team members.
- You pride yourself in your ability to lead discussions, communicate art direction concepts, and provide feedback both within your own team and across disciplines.
- You derive visual inspiration from a variety of sources in the world, rather than exclusively looking to other sources of entertainment.
- You encourage individual development and growth for your team members, fostering a sustainable and long-term career path for them.
- You have a solid understanding of game development pipelines and the role that concept art plays within them.
- You place a high value on collaboration and open communication, in order to create an environment where everyone feels that they are working together towards a common goal.
- Collaborate with Art Director and Team Leads (Animation, Game Design, Narrative, Character Art and Environment Art) to discuss artistic goals for the game.
- Provide high-level concept art to inspire and help drive the visuals of the game world forward.
- Actively participate in brainstorm sessions with other disciplines to come up with new, exciting and unique characters and play spaces.
- Organize 1:1 sessions with your team members to understand their career goals and help them along their path.
- Join regular playtests to gain a deep understanding of the direction of the game and give notes on your experience.