Ready At Dawn is looking for a Lead Concept Artist to join them in creating high profile original titles for both the VR and AAA console spaces.
The Lead Concept Artist is responsible for creating original and imaginative concept art for characters, environments and other game assets. A successful candidate is expected to present a clear and comprehensive process of research and exploration that supports their final art, and have a strong understanding of efficient ideation techniques. The ability to work both independently and in cooperation with Leads and other Artists to complete assignments and a demonstration of strong artistic interpretation skills is also required.
Skills & Requirements
- At least 5 years experience in video game development
- An outstanding portfolio that demonstrates a strong artistic style and design sensibility
- Strong use of research and reference material that supports idea generation and problem-solving
- Excellent drawing skills in both traditional and digital formats, experience in Photoshop, Painter, etc.
- Superior eye for light, value, color, and composition
- Excellent communication skills and ability to give and take direction as well as accept critical review of your work
- Require knowledge of human anatomy, traditional painting and drawing methods, and experience in Photoshop
- Familiarity with and passion for games
Additional Skills (Pluses):
- Strong understanding of general 3d and game art production techniques
- Some basic Maya experience (or comparable 3d software)