As a Lead Creature Animator, you will be part of a diverse team of animators that collaborates closely with Game Design, Visual Design and Code to create engaging creatures for compelling gameplay. Having a dedicated creature team means, you will have the chance to focus full time on setting the bar as high as possible in terms of aesthetic and in-game requirements for the creature animation quality.
As the Lead Creature Animator, you will set the bar and ensure that the animation output of internal animation team continues to meet Guerrilla’s high standards. You will give your team the guidance and context needed in order to create real-time animalistic movement with a focus on quality and realism, while collaborating with game designers and programmers to fulfill tasks according to the production plan.
As a Lead Creature Animator, your main tasks and responsibilities are:
- Prepare a clear vision and roadmap for the team to follow in future projects;
- Create animalistic and grounded handkeyed animations that have a very strong foundation in realism;
- Mentor, train and inspire the animation team and help them grow and develop;
- Work closely with Design, AI, Art direction, Anim Tech, and other departments to realize the vision of the team.
They would love to hear from you if:
- You have at least 7+ years of industry experience working as an animator in the industry;
- You have experience managing and mentoring small sub-teams (e.g. 6 people +);
- You demonstrate and excel at realistic keyframed animations of characters/creatures large and small;
- You’re able to collaborate with the Game Director and Animation Supervisors to ensure that the animations meets expectations of quality, consistency, and style;
- You have great organizational skills, clear and correct communication, strong problem solving skills, and a willingness to support the team, other leads and production where needed;
- You’re ready to run review sessions and support and guide the team with clear notes and direction;
- You’re growth-minded and motivated towards teaching, enabling, and coaching other animators;
- You possess an excellent working knowledge of current animation techniques and Maya (MotionBuilder experience is a plus);
- You are high on initiative, have great written and verbal communication skills, and know how to manage your time effectively;
- You are keenly aware of the state-of-the-art developments within the game industry and you want to push it to the next level.