WB Games is looking for an experienced Lead Game Designer to help develop the product vision as they endeavor to create an unannounced AAA console title.
- Work closely with the Creative Director, leads and game teams to help define the product vision.
- Develop compelling game loops, systems, narrative and gameplay progression.
- Work closely with engineering and art teams to develop and deliver against the product vision.
- Collaborate with producers and consumer insights to test and validate design direction.
- Actively share knowledge within area of expertise and influence other related disciplines.
- Build on the culture of inclusivity and growth through coaching, career management and mentorship.
- Assess new market trends, features, technologies and emerging techniques to stay competitive with top tier developers and titles.
- Work closely with production to manage development schedules, bug tracking, studio initiatives, and overall team health and morale.
- Recruit, mentor, and develop high performing creative individuals.
- A willingness to get deep into the game making process and lead by example the hands-on effort needed to see a project through to high-quality completion.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of the entire product development cycle from initial concept to ship, including any and all follow up DLC content and marketing materials.
- A strong knowledge of game design principles, theories, and contemporary game trends.
- Advanced degree in Game Design or equivalent practical experience.
- Well versed in all aspects of game design including systems, narrative, progression and level design.
- Highly adept at deconstructing competitive game design elements and mechanics and correlating that understanding with player experience and satisfaction.
- Strong communication skills to give fellow team members, executive staff and other relevant parties a clear understanding of all project materials including individual game elements, product vision, design direction and deliverables.
- Effective presentation skills to clearly describe and champion the products vision and core game elements to executive teams, marketing groups and property stakeholders.
- Big picture thinking that can see past personal bias and envision outcomes outside of your familiar creative comfort zone.
- The ability to understand and incorporate all relevant data and metrics throughout the entirety of the project.
- Hands-on experience in the development process in the areas of scripting, art, level layout and/or gameplay mechanics and systems strongly recommended.
- Highly proficient in working in a fast-paced and constantly changing creative environment.
- A deep love of video games.