Thanks, Allar! Good luck with your new project!
Who just carries around $250.000 worth of files on a portable hardrive without any backups.. The bug is stupid, but this guy is a moron.
Michael Allar here. Thanks a bunch for posting this, I really appreciate it. I'm also the guy who wrote that Confessions article that was posted here on 80.lvl as well.
Creative Assembly’s award-winning team behind Alien: Isolation is exploring new frontiers with a brand-new and exciting First Person Tactical Shooter IP.
As the Lead Environment Artist for the project, you will be a talented artist with significant experience of leading, mentoring and nurturing the development of other artists.
As well as leading the Environment team, conducting regular reviews and overseeing their career development, you will be responsible for both the creation of assets and world construction, from architecture to props and level dressing.
Communication is critical to the success of this role. You will be proactive in communicating progress, steering your team and solving problems. You will be working closely with the wider development teams, striving to produce an engaging and coherent universe
- Demonstrable experience of leading and developing other artists
- Exceptional Artistic ability
- Ability to communicate effectively in across the team
- Developed understanding of contemporary workflows and processes
- Willingness to engage with and master proprietary tools and systems
- Expert knowledge of 3DS Max/Maya
- Demonstrable hard surface modelling ability
- Practical experience with Zbrush
- A working knowledge of Substance
- A strong comprehension of PBR
- Two or more published AAA titles in an Environment Art capacity
- Proficiency with off-line and real-time rendering package
- Fundamental level design ability or experience
- Lighting experience and ability
- A practical comprehension of Post Production effects
- Traditional Art skills