This opportunity is for a full-time position, either in Chicago, IL or Orlando, FL. Iron Galaxy employees are all working from home through April 2021 due to COVID-19. This WFH policy extends to anyone that Iron Galaxy hires between now and then. All new-hire onboarding is being done remotely, and any equipment that you might need for projects at Iron Galaxy will be shipped directly to you.
Iron Galaxy Studios is looking for an experienced Lead Environment Artist that is passionate about games and can drive the artistic direction of Environment Art.
- Lead a team of environment artists to create an emotionally driven world
- Review and deliver assets within the project’s artistic direction and deadlines
- Maintain a high visual quality bar within performance constraints
- Mentor and contribute to the growth of other artists
- Work with Lead Artist to communicate visual direction
- Communicate and collaborate with other development disciplines
- Work with Production to schedule and track tasks
Qualifications: If you possess many or most of these qualities, you’re probably a great fit!
- Strong communication, organizational, and leadership skills
- Experience leading a team in crafting interesting and detailed worlds
- Deep expertise of rendering and technical constraints related to environment art
- Experience working with industry standard engines and software