Weekly NewsletterThank you for subscription. You'll be getting weekly digest every Friday.
Utrecht NL 24, Nov — 26, Nov
Philadelphia US 30, Nov — 3, Dec
London GB 30, Nov — 1, Dec
London GB 30, Nov — 3, Dec
Dortmund DE 1, Dec — 3, Dec
Good but the Pattern of the foam doesn't change, very disturbing.
Lead Environment Artist at Ubisoft
1 August, 2018
Lead an art team within a collaborative multidiscipline environment; define and track the schedule for the team, manage and mentor team members, and be a key player in the artistic style of the project.
Salary: not mentioned
Location: UK, Newcastle upon Tyne
Position type: Full-time
Remote job: no
Relocation Assistance: yes
- Develop performance and expertise within their team while furthering their own knowledge and expertise;
- Prioritise, plan and organise their own work and their teams work in conjunction with the Producer;
- Be the main contact for a collaborating studio or outsource partner;
- Review and deliver work in accordance with the project’s artistic direction;
- Identify and set up best practices;
- Report to the Producer/Associate Producer on the progress of work and any issues relating to the project;
- Find relevant solutions to problems encountered in their work;
- Rapidly integrate strategic changes given by the producer into their team;
- Make suggestions that are in line with the game’s marketing positioning;
- Participate and be an active contributor of the Art Board, a studio level initiative where all Art Leads discuss the requests and needs of their artists at a high level;
- Keep open channels of communication across their team/collaborating studio/ outsource partner;
- Produce schedules alongside the Producer in respect of constraints;
- Identify risks within the schedule and suggest changes;
- Delegate and assign work to team members using JIRA or other tracking tools used on the project;
- Act as a hiring manager to recruit highly skilled talents for their team and the studio;
- Hold regular team updates (‘scrums’) and update Producer/Associate Producer;
- Manage individual team member’s performance and progress;
- Conduct any ad-hoc tasks when required.
Skills and Knowledge
- Good knowledge of modeling techniques to create graphic assets expected on the project;
- Good knowledge of texture mapping and material;
- Good knowledge of streaming and LOD systems linked to the engine.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong leadership, team and people management skills;
- 5 years’ minimum experience in Art or any other relevant experience;
- Shipped at least 2 games, with at least 1 game being AAA on a next generation console;
- Bachelor’s degree in any art based subject or any other relevant training.