Sony Bend Studio, the renowned creator of Days Gone, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, and Syphon Filter, is seeking outstanding talent to join their passionate and creative family.
- Lead and drive FX initiatives within the FX team and collaborate with other departments to develop and implement high quality and performant FX content.
- Content creation of visual FX across all areas of the game which set the industry-leading standard for the team and the project.
- Has a leadership role within the FX team. Works with the VFX Supervisor to assess, recruit, and develop the FX team to support studio goals and initiatives.
- Work with and mentor FX Artists to provide clear direction and set expectations for aesthetic and technical requirements.
- Collaborate with the project Art Director to ensure a consistent style and quality level across all the various types of game FX assets.
- Research and Develop new FX solutions, visually and technically.
- Work with the Art Manager and Production department to deliver time estimates for FX creation.
- Work with your team to troubleshoot FX related issues in a timely manner and maintain your implementations throughout production.
- Work with graphics engineers to improve upon existing technologies and develop new ones that raise the bar of game FX, both visually and technically.
- Create documentation, communicate requirements, and provide feedback to internal artists and outsourcing partners.
- Track trends, the latest technology, the competition and the newest tools to constantly refine techniques while maintaining a foundation in established artistic practices.
- 10+ years’ experience as a professional FX artist in AAA games.
- Portfolio of realistic, high-quality real-time FX work.
- Proficiency in fluid, particle, and rigid body simulations to create realistic FX in 3d packages such as Houdini, Maya, or 3dsMax.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills and an ability to prioritize work
- A deep comprehension of how real-time VFX influences performance and how to maintain visual standards while supporting game-play.
- Strong leadership, mentoring and teaching abilities
- Bachelor of art degree or equivalent industry experience and training
- Experience with a scripting or programming language
- Experience using popular game engines such as Unreal
- Experience building and maintaining FX tools/Rigs