Who are we hiring?
As a Lead Gameplay Engineer at MSG Entertainment Interactive you head game logic development for a veteran multidisciplinary team creating bleeding edge entertainment that’s equal parts video game, amusement park ride, and spectacle. Your production hardware is The Sphere – a massive 16K 4D theater with beam-formed audio – and the mobile phones of our guests. You iterate, you take pride in your work, and your creations range from rapid prototypes to ultra-high-definition multimedia. You design and implement software systems – but you’re also a force multiplier who drives and enables those around you to excel, with the ability to work alone or in teams. Your in-depth technical knowledge and strong aesthetic inclination let you tackle projects and provide support on complicated technical issues for artists and engineers alike across our real-time content development ecosystem. As an ideal candidate, you bring deep and broad software development expertise, people-first agile leadership skills, creative vision, and a passion for scaling game concepts and mechanics from prototypes to massively multiplayer real-time experiences.
What will you do?
• Lead assigned projects and the technical work of the associated development team; pull together input from other team members into a cohesive and stable system; maintain an inclusive process that empowers the entire project team to contribute to final results
• Mentor peers and more junior team members through individual feedback, code, and design reviews
• Deliver prototypes and production-quality code as a hands-on leader
• Interface directly with high-level stakeholders to champion appropriate technical approaches for the development of new projects
• Prioritize tasks for multiple concurrent projects, interacting and collaborating with others to solve problems; mentor peers and more junior team members through individual feedback, code, and design reviews
• Implement new tools and processes in response to production needs and support production teams in their use; partner across departments to define, guide, and create production technology
• Lead best practices in efficient and effective development, seeking and executing opportunities to streamline and fully utilize current and new technology solutions
• Identify areas that require attention, and work with the project management team to ensure time and resources are dedicated to continually improving and reducing areas of concern
• Stay on top of the latest industry developments, sharing key findings with the team at regular intervals. Attend and update in daily scrums, bi-weekly sprint planning sessions, reviews, and retrospectives in accordance with the team’s Agile practices• Attend and update in daily scrums, bi-weekly sprint planning sessions, reviews, and retrospectives in accordance with the team’s Agile practices
What do you need to succeed?
• Computer Science BS/MS or equivalent experience
• 10+ years of experience in relevant fields
• Excellent communications and team relations skills• Expertise in C++ and the Unreal game engine
• Understanding of software development and release cycles and agile methodologies
• Experience across all phases (concept to end-of-life) of at least one shipped AAA-equivalent multiplayer interactive entertainment product
• Experience working within a high-definition VFX or game content production pipeline
• Demonstrated track record of gaining trust and respect by consistently demonstrating sound creative, strategic, and analytical thinking skills, while maintaining composure in stressful situations
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
• Experience with AR, VR, 360, or other immersive content
• Professional experience developing for iOS/Android mobile devices
• Professional experience developing using the Unity game engine
• Experience with common games industry production software (MS Office, JIRA, Miro) a plus.
• Interest and/or secondary skills in another key game development discipline (Game Design, Product Management, Art, Audio)