We stream high end result to hololens from Unity so imagine this through an AR HMD!
Very informative thread, thank you! Inspiring and reassuring to see the process behind such amazing renders. I started using UE4 a month ago, for a work in my firm and I'm still struggling with some concepts! I wish to see more article like this! Thibault (from France)
Your post is very good and meaningful. How long will it take you to write and post? thank you for sharing slither io
The team is seeking a Lead Artist, Materials who has a passion for creating industry leading materials across all content.
- Work with Director of Art, Principle Lighting Artist, World Art Manager, and Lead Artist, Character on the development and maintenance of our material library across all game content.
- Work with the Technical art team on shader pipelines and tools development needed to effectively and efficiently share materials across all relevant content.
- Create high-quality benchmark material examples using substance designer/painter or equivalent software that establish visual targets during prototype phase and beyond.
- Work with Production on prototype and future project dependencies, scheduling and management of scope capacity for the Material Team.
- Review project specific materials across all relevant project content on a regular basis to ensure optimal implementation and high-quality output.
- BA in art or related field or equivalent experience
- 8+ years working as an environment/material artist with a keen focus on creating materials and textures for next gen AAA games
- 3+ years as a lead or equivalent leadership role.
- At least 3 shipped AAA titles.
- At least 8+ years’ experience with industry standard 3-D animation package (3D Studio Max, Motion Builder, and Maya)
- Expert knowledge of Substance Painter and Designer.
- Strong understanding of PBR lighting models and its interaction with materials.
- At least 5+ years of ZBrush and/or other digital sculpting tools.
- Excellent understanding of a variety of architectural styles with an ability to apply knowledge from historical references.
- Excellent understanding of geology, rock formations, terrain, and foliage.
- Strong understanding of foundation art fundamentals including; color theory, composition, internal/external silhouette, and value structures.
- Strong understanding of new gen shader technology with an ability to create a wide range of highly realistic materials.
- Strong experience and understanding of art pipelines with experience in development for Xbox One and/or PS4.
- Must have an active, passionate interest in current video games to help drive the game to the next level.
- Ability to adapt rapidly to new or changing technology with an interest in finding ways to evolve and improve the environment art creation pipeline.
- Strong organization skills with adherence to file structures, naming conventions and other established protocols.
- Must be an excellent collaborator with a willingness to provide/accept direction and the ability to embrace change.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Portfolio/website/reel demonstrating fundamental foundation art skills, design sensibilities, and attention to detail.