Savvy Games Studios (SGS) mission is to create world-leading game studios in Saudi Arabia, creating high-quality games for international audiences. Also to help Saudi’s passionate gaming sector to develop homegrown IP and, more broadly, make KSA a global hub for gaming.
As part of the SGS team, you will work alongside the best global gaming talents who have relocated to Riyadh to be part of the ambitious group, and innovative, passionate, and hardworking Saudis.
SGS is seeking a Lead Online programmer with experience and expertise in the online domain. In this role, your responsibilities include creating different online components and ensuring they work under a heavy load. You are also responsible for proposing robust technical solutions and implementing them on the server.
- Take critical technical decisions related to games, software, and 3rd party tools.
- Understand the game design and create technical solutions for them. Understand the needs of the creative director and game designers in terms of feature developments and assess the technical feasibility ensuring maximum stability.
- Design and implement scalable game architectures.
- Collaborate with designers to discuss constraints and set out the technical possibilities for the various features.
- Establish sharing and code review practices within the team.
- Ensure the team code is clear and structured, keeping in mind the performance, memory, maintenance, extensibility, and compatibility requirements.
- Ability to write clean and manageable code.
- Train and mentor other developers in the team.
- Ensure teamwork with other domains (design, art, community) to develop the tools required to operate the game successfully.
- Ensure the team document the work to share knowledge and enable users (programmers and other departments) to understand how to use the systems and features;
Qualifications and Key Skills:
- Passion for creating and playing games
- Should have shipped multiple mobile games with at least one title with a 10K CCU load.
- Analytical problem-solving skills.
- Strong leadership experience and ability to nurture and grow talent within the team.
- Strong understanding of Curl and HTTP Protocols.
- Possesses strong skills in .net core and C#.
- Strong and In-depth understanding of No SQL Databases and Redis.
- Excellent understanding of the Garbage Collector and ability to identify the memory leaks on the server.
- Should have extensive knowledge of AWS and Docker.
- Should be comfortable working on Linux.
- Experience with F2P as a player and a developer.
Relocation assistance is offered