We’re working on a Splinter Cell remake, assembling a team with passion, drive and respect for the trifocal goggles. This is an opportunity to be part of a treasured franchise, rebuilt on Ubisoft’s Snowdrop engine to deliver next-generation visuals and modernized stealth gameplay, while preserving what's at the heart of the Splinter Cell experience.
On being a Level Artist at Ubisoft Toronto
As a Level Artist at Ubisoft Toronto, you will create captivating 3D environments within an immersive world waiting to be explored. You will be an environment architect, a visual storyteller, and an experience maker wrapped into one. Be it in a level, side mission, or piece of an open-world map, you assemble and position key elements to deliver impactful visual moments and enhance the player experience.Every asset you carefully place, from a building to a prop, tells a story and evokes an atmosphere and a mood. Even within a given framework, you can push creative boundaries and you have the artistic ability to do so. You know how to modify lighting, play around with composition, and add just the right amount of detail to develop a game space with plenty of personality.
Type of Position: Permanent, full-time.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with level designers and the art director to discuss and understand game intentions and vision;
- Perform artistic research (find written descriptions and visual references);
- Set up placeholders and submit modelling and texturing requests to artists, follow up on the progress and quality of the work with the Project leader - Graphic;
- Find balance between artistic aspects and technical constraints;
- Integrate and build assets into the game engine to set and dress a polished scene;
- Ensure integrated work is aligned with the artistic direction and makes sense gameplay-wise (test and improve);
- Understand the game design documents to know the environments, objectives, atmospheres, story and style to create game levels;
- Understand project tools and their functions, the project file classification system and the process to update engine data and follow all instructions from the Graphic technical director;
- Assess level content with the immediate supervisor and establish time and planning estimates by priority and level;
- Build the rough map of the level with the level designer to show the preliminary graphic intentions, gameplays and ensure they are approved.
Skills & Requirements
What you'll bring
- College diploma in 3D Art techniques for video games or equivalent training or experience;
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in modelling, texture, lighting and image processing or other relevant experience;
- Experience in an art role on 1-3 AAA game production cycles;
- Knowledge of image composition, lighting, colour theory;
- Strong storytelling and observation skills;
- Knowledge of 3D software (e.g. 3DS Max or Maya) and optimization techniques
- Basic gameplay and level design knowledge;
- Knowledge of ways to create atmospheres (lighting, artistic composition, etc.).
Nice to have
- Ability to accept feedback and adapt to change;
- Sense of initiative;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Curiosity, flexibility, and resourcefulness;
- Creativity and a keen eye for detail!
We know that skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above
How to Apply
Follow this link to apply: https://smrtr.io/cQQ4r