The Level Designer is responsible for creating game environments and playable spaces, incorporating their vision of the gameplay and feel of the project.
- Planning out levels for creation that correlate to major gameplay elements as stated in design documentation
- Working closely with the Design team to coordinate design as well as troubleshooting bugs
- Creating, editing, and expanding upon level documentation
- Working with Design team to fit maps to important gameplay elements
- Collaborating with Environment team to make sure art and design never conflict during the creation process
- Defining and overseeing level creation pipelines and best practices as needed
- Creating and reviewing level white box passes
- Level whitebox fine tuning and adjustments
- Take the initiative to identify, prioritize, call-out, and suggest solutions to problems both big and small.
- Regularly playtest builds and provide professional feedback to the team on how to improve our games.
- Share your thoughts about how to make the company a better place to work, improve the creative process, and help deliver better games.
Skills & Requirements
- A minimum of 2 years experience with modern game development and level design
- Shipped at least one title
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Experience with Unreal 4
- Experience with Visual Scripting (Blueprint)
- Experience with imaging software (Photoshop)
- Experience with Office Suite software (Google Docs, MS Office, Confluence, etc...)
- Strict use of code names and complete confidentiality of project information for as long as its required
- Experience with video editing software (Premiere)
- Experience with cinematics software (Sequencer)