- Helping to drive narrative storytelling through effective use of color, light, and mood. Using lighting to help convey emotional experiences.
- Working with the Art Director and Lead Artists to keep the artistic style & mood consistent with defined visual style for the game.
- Proactively driving collaboration with other departments (like Tech Art) to balance aesthetic quality and performance requirements.
- Identifying and helping to develop techniques and toolsets.
- Maintaining quality, efficiency, and consistency across your work.
Skills and experience:
- A relevant portfolio of artwork (must include Lighting Art and ideally, examples with a fluid/organic nature - remembering Pandora, "It's kinda the Garden of Eden with teeth and claws" James Cameron)
- Proven experience working in the games industry with at least one AAA title to your name
- Deep understanding of lighting theory, and art/design fundamentals (including an understanding of composition and color theory)
- Excellent knowledge of lighting pipelines and cutting-edge art techniques (e.g. baking lightmaps)