Thanks a lot for sharing! It's hard to find useful info on lighting.
Wow, that's great. Have to try this out!
Wow beautiful environment. Very thorough and detailed. But I think there are a few images that are not showing up (error?). Is that just me? Interested in seeing those other pictures...
Volition is searching for a Senior Designer to fill a Mission Designer role.
You can apply here.
- Work with the Lead Mission Designer to design and implement missions, activities, diversions, and other gameplay modes for the product. For each area of responsibility, the Senior Mission Designer is expected to do the following:
- Understand how the mission or mode fits within the strategic overview of the product design.
- Ensure that the player experience fulfills the vision of the game.
- Drive the quality, planning, scripting, pacing, implementation, and polish of the mission or mode.
- Provide input on milestone work assignments, estimates, and dependencies for related goals and tasks.
- Ensure that deliverables meet expectations for completeness, quality, balance, vision, and player emotion.
- Ensure that relevant team members understand high-level goals for the mission or mode as well as low-level specifications, dependencies, and workflows.
- Evangelize for the needs of the player.
- Work with user experience researchers to define goals for player testing and data gathering.
- Drive an on-going competitive analysis to assess the quality and scope of the player experience against that of the competition.
- May be tasked with other duties and responsibilities in support of the project design team.
- At least four years of professional industry experience with significant responsibilities in level or mission design. Proven track record with AAA console products.
- Positive, professional attitude. Disciplined and self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to think creatively and analytically. An in-depth understanding of how gameplay works and how to create fun, meaningful experiences for the player.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills. Ability to multitask and be flexible about changing role requirements.
- Passion for games and ability to articulate that passion clearly and analytically. A broad knowledge base of console games and RPGs.
Sample Work Required
- Please provide samples of your design work. Downloadable and playable levels are preferred, but other samples may be acceptable (e.g., videos or instructions for viewing levels shipped in retail products).
- Any supplemental materials demonstrating skills relevant to this position are also encouraged.