The daily life of a Modeler at Ubisoft Toronto:
- Work with the Art team (including Art Lead and/or Art Director) to create high-quality 3d game assets;
- Follow a project’s artistic direction set by the Art Director/Lead;
- Adhere to specific pipelines and adapt to constraints, implement and maintain 3d game assets;
- Be proactive and work closely with other teams to adapt assets to their needs and constraints;
- Use good judgment and expertise to optimize the assets that are produced and their uses;
- Prioritize and manage day-to-day tasks to ensure deliverables are completed on time, within budget, and with production constraints;
- Prepare and communicate asset planning based on the requirement;
- Researching tools and techniques to create more efficient and visually appealing assets;
- Proactively help to troubleshoot problematic contents;
- Perform any other related tasks.
What you'll bring:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in game asset creation or equivalent;
- Experience in 3ds Max, Zbrush, Substance Designer, Substance Painter, Photoshop, and Unreal or equivalent;
- Solid understanding of PBR rendering, texture, material, its relationship with lighting, and UV unwrapping and layout;
- Strong artistic sense with an eye for detail, composition, and value/color theory;
- Ability to accept feedback and adapt to change;
- Must be proactive, team player, and constant learner.
We know that skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
Nice to have:
- Experience shipping AAA titles is an asset.
Follow this link to apply: https://smrtr.io/cRHQ5