Join the award-winning God of War team.
As a Contract Narrative Animator, you will be working closely with the Narrative and Animation leadership to create story moments that are visually stunning, while also working with a wide range of development team members to ensure technical feasibility.
- Work closely with the Narrative Team during the cinematic pre-visualization process, assisting both with live-action and 3D pre-vis. Focus on nailing character development, choreography, and timing of each scene with the Director of Photography.
- Assemble and prepare cinematic scenes for shooting on the motion capture stage.
- Assist with mocap shoots, informing the stage crew of set building and prop needs, checking for continuity and keeping track of editing needs for scenes.
- Assemble, edit, clean up, and enhance motion capture data shot on stage, including both body and face. Collaborate with the Director of Photography to maintain proper staging and visual language.
- Animate non-mocapped characters, creatures, and props by hand. This includes hand-keyed facial expressions and lip sync as necessary.
- Work closely with Narrative Tech Designers to integrate scenes into the game engine, monitoring and troubleshooting any technical issues that might arise.
- Proactively facilitate requests or information needs regarding any aspect of the animation creation process. Work with the Character Tech Art team to improve character rigs, tools and workflow pipeline.
- Actively advance skill set and abilities by keeping aware of industry trends and techniques, evaluating competitive products, and learning new software packages and traditional art methods.
- A strong demo reel that demonstrates expert knowledge of fundamental animation principles and acting skills. Be able to create a full range of lifelike performances from the subtle to the dramatic and powerful.
- Demonstrate proficient command of weight, timing, and posing through manipulating motion capture data as well as key-framing.
- High level of proficiency in Maya and MotionBuilder.
- Good understanding of scene staging and layout.
- Comfortable learning and working in game engine environments.
- Work well in a creative, team-oriented environment, exhibiting excellent communication, time-management, and organizational skills. Be able to reach across multiple disciplines to gather feedback and address cross-functional issues.
- Possess the drive and talent needed to produce and implement the highest quality work. Penchant for practical innovation and the ability to bring new ideas to the table.
- A Bachelor's in fine arts or relevant curriculum, or equivalent skillset.
- Experience working with both body and facial performance capture pipelines recommended.
- Some knowledge of crafting interactive storytelling and/or minigames is useful.
- Basic modeling skills and knowledge of rigging and Python a plus.
- 1 or more published titles working with motion capture performance data a plus.
- Passion for video games.
- Experience with photography or cinematography a plus.
- AAA experience a plus.
- 1-3 years' industry or related experience preferred.