Here at Skyhook Games we are looking for experienced 3D vehicle artists to join our team. Successful artist will be expected to apply their skills across a range of styles depending on the project. A key part of your role will be ensuring that art assets are delivered both on time and to quality, assisting the team in maintaining our high standards. A strong portfolio of 3D vehicle work and a passion for locomotion design would be ideal.
Although our studio is in Liverpool, UK, this is a remote contract position.
- Creating high detail 3D vehicle models from real world reference and blueprints.
- PBR texture creation.
- Working closely with the art team to achieve desired look and quality across all projects.
- Work within the production schedule, manage files and meet deadlines
- Medium poly modelling skills using 3D art creation tools such as Max, Maya or Blender.
- Strong PBR experience in Substance Painter, Designer, or Quixel Suite
- Strong artistic ability, good understanding of form, composition, colour and lighting.
- Knowledge of optimization processes for creating game engine friendly assets.
- Good unwrapping skills for efficient UV layouts.
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Solid work ethic, critical approach, and a positive attitude in the face of challenging situations
- Time management and organisation skills
- Strong 3D vehicle design skills (non-licensed vehicles especially).
- Quick to learn and comprehend custom in-house tools or technical processes.
- 2 years + games industry experience. (Less experience may be acceptable with a strong portfolio)
- Experience working with game engines such as Unity or UE4
- Understanding of material and shader setup.
- Knowledge of other 3D visualisation software such as Z-Brush, Speed Tree or World Machine.
- Degree in Computer Animation, Game Art or equivalent experience. However, although we’re keen on good qualifications, a good work portfolio and attitude is more important.
- Drawing, sculpting, and other traditional art skills are a plus.
- Good understanding of game theory and level design.
- Experience leading a team of artists
- Experience working with outsource vendors