Guys! We need "Favorites" tab here on 80.lv
My motivation wasn't to knock Cem, not as a person nor as a developer. As I said, "this is cool, no doubt about that". I was sharing my personal opinion about the price-point for a material that is so expensive (performance-wise), and pointing out the fact that the same look can be achieved for cheaper (both performance and wallet-wise). I personally find it hard to budget 10s of dollars for a single material, a single effect, etc., but that's me. Other people have money pouring out of their ears and can afford to play like that. The internet is getting less friendly as far as opening dialogues like this. People should be able to have opinions and share them, debate them, without being told to hush up and move along. I hope others buy and use this asset- I'd be curious to see how it stacks up to alternatives out there (again, as I said "I love options"). As far as making my own assets and releasing articles here? It's in the works. And if somebody came along and started a dialogue about issues, opinions they had, or whatever- I would be happy to engage them!
Wolcen Studio is looking for a passionate and ambitious Senior 3D Animator to bring to life the characters and creatures of our game! A solid grasp of the principles of body movement, anticipation, overshoot, follow-through, squash and stretch, forward and inverse kinematics, and other facets of both 3D and 2D animation is essential.
- Work in close collaboration throughout different departments to assure propriety implementation of animations within game engine.
- Mentor and lead by example less experienced artists, providing them with support, guidance, and instruction in areas that provide for their artistic and professional growth.
- Testing animations ingame.
- 5+ years of professional work experience, preferably in the game industry.
- Exceptional skill in animating the human bipedal figure as well as other organic forms.
- Great creative sensibilities.
- Rigging & Skinning skills is a plus
- Enthusiasm for working closely with the team.
- Willing to relocate in Nice, France
- Excellent knowledge of 3DS MAX (prefered) or Maya.
- Experience with any game Engines (preferably experience with CRYENGINE).
- Knowledge of script is a plus (maxscript, python, etc.)
A great team to work with, a great place to live and an amazing project that started small and aims high!