Amazon Game Studios is looking for a creative, talented and collaborative Senior Animator to help bring personality and life to the characters of Crucible.
- Work with Animation Lead & team to push quality of animated work through asset production and techniques to deliver AAA quality performances.
- Create and maintain a high level of quality while working with design and deadline constraints.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to bring all needed elements to a given character.
- Provide mentorship by providing clear and respectful feedback. Be active in critiques and reviews.
- Communicate with technical artists to help define and develop animation pipelines, tools and rigs.
- Keep Production and Art team leadership updated on milestone tasks and goals.
- Actively look at industry trends and evangelize them.
- Drive techniques and procedures that will help enhance pipeline and improve the speed and quality of animated assets.
- Create prototype animations that help push initial ideas and define character mechanics.
- Establish and document best practices.
- Shepard animations from creation to integration.
- Be the main owner of larger cross-discipline systems.
- Drive brainstorm sessions that offer creative ideas to push character personality and performance as well as technical features.
- Contribute to team and studio culture.
- 5+ years of experience in the games industry as an animator
- 1+ shipped AAA title
- 5+ years professional experience with Maya or other 3D Animation Software
- Animation Reel that demonstrates a strong grasp of animation principles applied to both bipeds and creatures with a sense of personality and imagination.
- Previous experience working within a motion capture pipeline.
- Experience collaborating and communicating with multiple disciplines, teammates and production.
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of game animation pipelines.
- Experience in setting up animation trees and blend systems.
- Ability to mentor animators through feedback and learning demonstrations.
- Additional skill in either illustration, modeling, rigging or 2D animation.
- Experience in facial animation and lip sync.
- Have an understanding of the current game landscape in terms of animation techniques and processes.
- Ability to prioritize and estimate given tasks.
- Independently self-motivated, team player with excellent communication skills.
- Experience in leading specific features and mechanics of a game or team.
- Passion for gameplay animations.
- Ability to problem-solve independently.
- Have aided in the hiring and contributed to the growth of a team.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.