343 has an incredible opportunity for a motivated and highly experienced Senior Character Artist.
Candidates should have extensive experience working with modeling/sculpting tools to create Organic and Hard-Surface Characters. This is a creative role for an artist with a great eye for form, shape language, silhouette, and materials. This role requires a strong sense of design as well as the ability to execute the highest-quality art. This candidate is expected to be extremely collaborative with developers and artist and must be effective in communicating and incorporating feedback. This role will work closely with Lead Character Artists, Technical Artist, Animators, and Game Designers. The ideal candidate must be highly effective and positive in ambiguous situations, able to self-motivate to high performance, manage your time effectively and react quickly to changing requirements.
- Create top-quality character-related models and textures to set the quality bar for our project.
- Assist with Tech Art and Engineering in planning and implementing our art pipeline.
- Work closely with the Art Director and Leads to drive and evangelize our artistic vision.
- Assist in planning asset production in collaboration with the concept and design teams.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Minimum 5+ years as a character artist or equivalent experience required
- Self-motivation, good communication skills, and a great team-player attitude
- 7+ years or more of production experience in game development as a Character Artist.
- Solid foundation in human anatomy and mechanical principles.
- An exceptional understanding of character form
- Creative vision to take a character to completion from either a detailed or simple concept image
- Great understanding of next-generation asset creation pipelines and tools
- Expert knowledge of Maya or any core 3d modeling package
- Expert knowledge of Zbrush
- Expert knowledge of Substance Painter or any core texture painting package.
- Exceptional understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette in regard to modeling
- Superior eye for light, shade, color, and detail in creating texture maps
- Able to effectively collaborate with game designers and programmers