343 has an incredible opportunity for a motivated and highly experienced Senior Character Artist.
- Create top-quality character-related models and textures to set the quality bar for the project.
- Assist with Tech Art and Engineering in planning and implementing art pipeline.
- Work closely with the Art Director and Leads to drive and evangelize artistic vision.
- Assist in planning asset production in collaboration with the concept and design teams.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Minimum 5+ years as a character artist or equivalent experience required
- Self-motivation, good communication skills, and a great team-player attitude
- 7+ years or more of production experience in game development as a Character Artist.
- Solid foundation in human anatomy and mechanical principles.
- An exceptional understanding of character form
- Creative vision to take a character to completion from either a detailed or simple concept image
- Great understanding of next-generation asset creation pipelines and tools
- Expert knowledge of Maya or any core 3d modeling package
- Expert knowledge of Zbrush
- Expert knowledge of Substance Painter or any core texture painting package.
- Exceptional understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette in regard to modeling
- Superior eye for light, shade, color, and detail in creating texture maps
- Able to effectively collaborate with game designers and programmers