Weekly NewsletterThank you for subscription. You'll be getting weekly digest every Friday.
Birmingham GB 20, Sep — 24, Sep
Chiba JP 20, Sep — 24, Sep
Ohio US 21, Sep — 24, Sep
Québec CA 26, Sep — 28, Sep
Los Angeles US 27, Sep — 1, Oct
Awesome. Really great tips for beginners like me to start working correctly.
Very interesting article, thanks for sharing!
astounding work there - hope someone important notices! I'm just jrpg fan. . . somebody needs to hire you!
Senior Character Artist at Respawn Entertainment
19 December, 2017
Respawn is looking for an experienced and knowledgeable Senior Character Artist who will embrace the team's philosophy to work on Titanfall franchise.
Salary: not mentioned
Company: Respawn Entertainment
Location: United States, Chatsworth
Position type: Full-time
Remote job: no
Relocation Assistance: no
- Create highly detailed and believable 3D character models and textures for use in-game.
- Use exceptional modeling and texturing ability to create living, breathing characters with personality.
- Assist in creation of character concepts.
- Follow the direction of art leads. Collaborate with other departments such as animation and game design to make sure artwork fits within vision for gameplay and final execution.
- Participate in research and development.
- Serve as mentor for more junior level artists.
- Conduct research for reference materials and tools.
- Follow schedule and deliver assets on time.
- 5+ years’ experience as a 3D artist.
- Proactive self-starter.
- Portfolio of highly detailed 3D art with a focus on character models subjects, highly realistic textures (skin, hair, worn fabric/accessories, etc.), accurate anatomy, detailed clothing, etc.
- Portfolio should show quality, taste, and ability to hit a photorealistic/believable look.
- Mastery of standard art packages such as Maya, Photoshop, and Zbrush.
- Strong understanding of scale, proportion, and surface properties.
- Strong understanding of human anatomy.
- Experience working with a game engine and implementing 3D work into engine.
- Shipped AAA game/s a plus.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life and AD&D insurance benefits.
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health and child care.
- 401K with company match and no vesting period.
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP).
- Relocation assistance.
- Paid vacation, post-project & holiday office closures, and sick days.
- Company-sponsored team events: movie screenings, industry gatherings, and game launch parties to name a few.
- Fun office parties throughout the year for employees, friends, and family.
- Spacious modern campus with open work spaces and lots of daylight.
- Game room with a pool table, ping pong, foosball, arcade and tabletop games.
- Fully stocked kitchens with fresh fruit, breakfast, snacks, and more.
- Convenient meal order service for on-site lunch deliveries.
- State of the art on-site gym with 24/7 access.
- On-site yoga classes, massages, and car washes available.
- A variety of interest groups and outdoor activities to join with other Respawn Employees: marathons, hikes, biking, and soccer among others.
- Friendly, caring co-workers and management.