Weekly NewsletterThank you for subscription. You'll be getting weekly digest every Friday.
Amsterdam NL 25, Jun — 28, Jun
Los Angeles US 25, Jun — 28, Jun
Montreal CA 27, Jun — 1, Jul
Cambridge GB 28, Jun — 2, Jul
Guildford GB 29, Jun — 30, Jun
Great work Gabe!
Incredible job, love the breakdown and can't wait to see what you make next!
Senior Character Artist at Splash Damage
28 October, 2018
The team is looking for a Senior Character Artist to join the leadership team to bring heroes and villains to life!
Salary: not mentioned
Company: Splash Damage
Location: UK, Bromley
Position type: Full-time
Remote job: no
Relocation Assistance: no
- Collaborate with Art and Design leads to create technically sound, engaging and memorable characters
- Model detailed high poly models, efficient low poly versions and create textures
- Ensuring character assets meet specifications provided by all relevant departments
- Able to accurately follow common goals putting the team first, whilst self-motivated and demonstrating initiative.
- Maintain quality level, efficiency and consistency across the character team
- Highly experienced and proficient with 3D Studio MAX or Maya, Zbrush and Photoshop
- Strong 3D modelling (both organic and hard surface) and texturing skills
- Strong knowledge and understanding of human anatomy and mechanics
- Strong knowledge of mechanical construction and functionality (gear and weapons)
- Experience of character pipelines and efficient memory management of UVs, textures and vertices
- Highly experienced working with multiple texturing workflows for current (PBR) and previous generations, capable of creating well defined and readable realistic materials.
- Substantial examples of current and past work demonstrating a strong understanding of form, silhouette, shape, texture, colour and lighting
- Understanding of character preparation from modelling, rigging and skinning for animation
- A keen motive to be proactive and efficient in work methods whilst maintaining high standards
- A great team player, able to communicate, learn from and teach others in a respectable manner.
- Excellent communication and collaborative problem solving skills
Desirable Skills and Experience
- 3 years+ experience in developing character models and textures
- Minimum 2 shipped titles where credited as Character artist
- Knowledge of real-time shaders
- Strong traditional art foundations including but not limited to Sculpture, Conceptual design and illustration including lighting or color keys
- Knowledge of rigging and skinning principles
- Keen interest in games and game design beyond art.
- Experience working within Unreal engine 3+
- Knowledge of Substance Painter and Marvellous Designer a plus