i thought there wouldnt be anything better than akeytsu for creating easy animations. im happy if i am proven wrong.
Keith, I just wanted to stop by and say: Thank you.
Having side projects are important in progressing as an artist. http://rollingskygame.com/run-3
The team is looking for a Senior Character Artist to join the leadership team to bring heroes and villains to life!
- Collaborate with Art and Design leads to create technically sound, engaging and memorable characters
- Model detailed high poly models, efficient low poly versions and create textures
- Ensuring character assets meet specifications provided by all relevant departments
- Able to accurately follow common goals putting the team first, whilst self-motivated and demonstrating initiative.
- Maintain quality level, efficiency and consistency across the character team
- Highly experienced and proficient with 3D Studio MAX or Maya, Zbrush and Photoshop
- Strong 3D modelling (both organic and hard surface) and texturing skills
- Strong knowledge and understanding of human anatomy and mechanics
- Strong knowledge of mechanical construction and functionality (gear and weapons)
- Experience of character pipelines and efficient memory management of UVs, textures and vertices
- Highly experienced working with multiple texturing workflows for current (PBR) and previous generations, capable of creating well defined and readable realistic materials.
- Substantial examples of current and past work demonstrating a strong understanding of form, silhouette, shape, texture, colour and lighting
- Understanding of character preparation from modelling, rigging and skinning for animation
- A keen motive to be proactive and efficient in work methods whilst maintaining high standards
- A great team player, able to communicate, learn from and teach others in a respectable manner.
- Excellent communication and collaborative problem solving skills
Desirable Skills and Experience
- 3 years+ experience in developing character models and textures
- Minimum 2 shipped titles where credited as Character artist
- Knowledge of real-time shaders
- Strong traditional art foundations including but not limited to Sculpture, Conceptual design and illustration including lighting or color keys
- Knowledge of rigging and skinning principles
- Keen interest in games and game design beyond art.
- Experience working within Unreal engine 3+
- Knowledge of Substance Painter and Marvellous Designer a plus