@Tristan: I studied computergrafics for 5 years. I'm making 3D art now since about half a year fulltime, but I had some experience before that. Its hard to focus on one thing, it took me half a year to understand most of the vegetation creation pipelines. For speeding up your workflow maybe spend a bit time with the megascans library. Making 3D vegetation starts from going outside for photoscanns to profiling your assets. Start with one thing and master this. @Maxime: The difference between my technique and Z-passing on distant objects is quiet the same. (- the higher vertex count) I would start using this at about 10-15m+. In this inner radius you are using (mostly high) cascaded shadows, the less the shader complexety in this areas, the less the shader instructions. When I started this project, the polycount was a bit to high. Now I found the best balance between a "lowpoly" mesh and the less possible overdraw. The conclusion of this technique is easily using a slightly higher vertex count on the mesh for reducing the quad overdraw and shader complexity. In matters visual quality a "high poly" plant will allways look better than a blade of grass on a plane.
Is this not like gear VR or anything else
Create and modify 3D models of characters for AAA games.
Your everyday work will include:
- creating and modifying 3D models of characters, working directly with the Art Director, with direction of your work being detailed by the Art Guide,
- creating 3D character models according to defined technical requirements and ensuring the quality of implemented textures,
- presenting effects of your work and efficiently justifying your projects decisions,
- being a part of a competent, interdisciplinary team creating characters,
- working with our internal tools and the Substance Designer, as well as Substance Painter,
- having substantial influence on the final version of the product and the player’s experience.
You meet expectations if you are:
- experienced. Have at least 5 years of experience in creating 3D character models (using 3DsMax or Blender) to AAA projects.
- talented and creative. Models created by you are telling a story and are realistic,
- curious about the world and ambitious. Want to see the effects of your work to come to life in the world of our game,
- sensitive. Models that you create are interesting, authentic and full of love,
- open minded. Like to share your knowledge and experience with others.