We’re working on a Splinter Cell remake, assembling a team with passion, drive, and respect for the trifocal goggles. This is an opportunity to be part of a treasured franchise, rebuilt to deliver next-generation visuals and modernized stealth gameplay while preserving what's at the heart of the Splinter Cell experience.
The daily life of a Character Artist at Ubisoft Toronto:
- Create highly detailed and photorealistic 3D character models and textures for use in-game, including heads, hair, and clothing.
- Ensure characters are of the highest quality and follow proper industry standards, including efficient topology and UVs.
- Follow the project’s artistic direction set by the Art Director/Lead Character Artist;
- Collaborate with other departments such as Concept Art, Animation, Rigging, and Game Design to ensure characters fit within the title's vision.
- Serve as a mentor for other character artists.
- Prioritize and manage day-to-day tasks to ensure deliverables are completed on time, within budget, and with production constraints;
- Actively improve skill set and abilities by keeping aware of industry trends and techniques, evaluating competitive products, learning new software packages and traditional art methods
- Perform any other related tasks.
What it takes to make it:
- 4+ years of proven experience working on AAA titles as a character artist
- Portfolio of realistic, highly detailed, 3D character models, with highly realistic textures (skin, hair, fabric/accessories, etc.), accurate anatomy, detailed clothing, etc.
- Strong understanding of scale, proportion, human anatomy, and material properties.
- Proficiency in standard art packages such as Maya, Photoshop, Zbrush, and Substance Painter.
- Understanding of the character art production pipeline
- Experience working with a game engine and implementing 3D work into the engine.
- Ability to both work independently and on a team
- Possess strong time management and prioritization skills.
- Must be proactive, a team player, and a constant learner.
- Strong communication, organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills
Nice to have:
- Experience with Marvelous Designer
- Experience with texture baking tools in Marmoset Toolbag.
- Experience shipping AAA titles is an asset.
We know that skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
Follow this link to apply: https://smrtr.io/cqKbw