Whilst staying within the lore of the game you're encouraged to bring your own creativity and eye for detail to expand Pandora.
- Leading the development of high-quality art for AAA game(s), from concept to completion
- Researching and proposing concept references together with the Art Director
- Preparing creative concepts for internal and external production teams
- Ensuring a productive workflow with artists and external partners, through briefs, daily communication and by providing clear feedback to ensure that deliverables are completed at quality, and to specification
- Understanding and evangelizing the visual style of the game
- Organizing and updating work and backlog using project management/planning tools (e.g. JIRA)
- Working together with producers, leads, directors and other teams to push the quality and creativity on the project
Skills and experience:
- A relevant portfolio of your work (must include Concept Art and ideally, examples with a fluid/organic nature - remembering Pandora, "It's kinda the Garden of Eden with teeth and claws" James Cameron)
- 4+ years experience with concept art, character concepts, and game production/dev. cycle
- Experience leading art on projects, preferably in agile project management
- Ability to create concepts of characters, props and environments to AAA standard
- Tools - working knowledge with Adobe Photoshop (photo-bashing) and familiarity with game engines (e.g. Unity & Unreal).
- Understanding of composition and lighting
- Ideally, you also have experience taking/guiding your Concept Art from scratch through to realization, and a finished 3D-asset. Whether by yourself or working together with a 3D-Artist.