We're using Unity (Quarter Circle Games). I'm happy to give an interview and some of my lighting/PP techniques. You can view out game here: https://store.steampowered.com/app/907500/The_Peterson_Case/
This is a fan project, like the Lord Inquisitor was. GW has absolutely nothing to do with it!
Remedy Entertainment is looking for a Senior Concept Artist to help communicate and define the visual design of the game worlds for the next generation of Remedy games.
- Create concepts of characters that convey a strong sense of personality and adhere to the art direction intent of the project.
- A sound understanding of anatomy and figure proportions is a must
- Assist and support the art direction and production design of the game world from its environments, to the objects and characters that inhabit it.
- Follow deadlines and plan your own work accordingly.
- Communicate effectively with other team members.
- 3+ years of experience as a concept artist in the game industry.
- A portfolio that showcases excellent skills in creating compelling imagery with a considered design approach
- Strong ability for and approach to broad research and exploration process in design development
- Foundation skills in traditional drawing and painting and use of Photoshop
- Eye for composition, lighting, color and value
- Ability to work with critical feedback and review of work
- Positive attitude to improving, researching and learning productive techniques for improving concept quality and process
The ideal candidate will also have
- Understanding of game production processes
- Ability to visualize work in a 3D package
- Yes, you get to move to Finland where the quality of life is exceptional and cost of living is affordable. Moving to a new country can be intimidating, but our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else.
- You will be offered competitive compensation with a bonus system.
- We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work life balance. Happy people work better. In Finland you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. This is on top of public holidays and other special occasions.
- Above all, you get to work on awesome, unique video games that the global audience is interested in at a studio where your input is valued. We try our hardest to keep our team sizes and the work load sensible, so your contributions feel valuable.