Would you enjoy the freedom to create AAA first party PlayStation games working from anywhere in the UK including our Liverpool studio?
We're looking for a Senior Concept Artist to be an instrumental part in designing concepts, key-art, and mood concepts for a range of titles within our studio.
This role will see you working directly with the art director and art team on current and future Firesprite projects. We’re looking for someone who has a breath of experience with different visual styles, topics, and subjects.
A visionary game development studio founded in 2012, Firesprite creates showcase games as part of the PlayStation Studios family.
Our people are at the heart of our success.
Upon joining Firesprite you’ll be welcomed by talented creative colleagues from a broad range of backgrounds and experience, focused on learning and supporting each other. We build innovative experiences that surprise and delight our audiences.
We are committed to wellbeing, equality, diversity, inclusion and belonging. In support of this we are proud to be partners in Safe In Our World #LevelUpMentalHealth and a UKIE #RaiseTheGame Partner
- Design environments, characters, props, production callouts, Key art concepts, mood boards, and other visual guides to assist the development team
- Strong communication is key to us, be able to convey your ideas and concepts easily and clearly.
- Ideating w/ sketches, to create amazing environment designs, in the service of advancing the narrative and enhancing game design
- Combine the goals of game design, art direction, and technological considerations to help build industry defining worlds.
- Research and initiate information gathering of pertinent subject matter to your task.
- Develop and maintain strong creative and collaborative partnerships across disciplines to help further develop the games vision, and visual language.
- Actively improve your skills and maintain an awareness of industry techniques, tools, learning new software packages.
- Strong command of foundation art skills (drawing, painting, and rendering, material indication, perspective, composition, colour theory, design, anatomy and 2d and 3d design techniques)
- Excellent design skills with the ability to render realistic and stylised environments, characters, creatures, and props using contemporary industry standard tools and techniques.
- Solid ideation, brainstorming and, problem solving skills.
- Proficiency in Photoshop with an emphasis on drawing, painting, and image making.
- Comfortable working in 3D software to create 3D models, scenes, and renders to support your concept art.
- Proven time management and prioritization skills. This entails collaborating with the Production group to coordinate task lists to ensure assignments are progressing well according to schedules, objectives, and overall project goals
- Experience in creating high-quality 2D art, concepts, and designs for AAA game development.
Additional or Desired Skills:
- Knowledge of 3D applications like Blender, Maya, Zbrush, UE4, GravitySketch etc., to facilitate work when needed.
- Be comfortable with learning new tools like Unreal 5, and other game tools
- Private Healthcare Plan
- Bonus Scheme
- Enhanced Holiday Allowance
- Pension Plans
- Work remotely within the UK
- Training & Development
- Employee Assistance Programme - Counselling
Firesprite is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We welcome and encourage applications from all suitable applicants regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.