Long life to Embark studio and its fabulous procedural artists dream team !
truly excellent and inspiring to read. Would have loved to read some on the texturing since that is top-notch.
great environment with a lovely serene sense. Thanks for the write-up!
Obsidian Entertainment is looking for a talented, self-motivated Senior Environment Artist to collaborate with a growing team of developers.
- Create a wide range of high-quality environment art assets: natural and man-made props, interiors of structures and exteriors
- Model, UV Map, bake and create the materials for environment assets
- Integrate PBR based assets into Unreal 4
- Craft set dress and world build environmental set pieces and landscapes
- Work closely with Lead Artist to ensure the visual target is met or exceeded
- Work closely with Level Designers to ensure that excellent gameplay is achieved
- Communicate: Actively participate in technical and aesthetic problem-solving discussions
- Mentorship: Raise the abilities of others
- 5+ years in the game industry with 2 shipped titles
- High proficiency with 3ds Max, Z-Brush and Substance Designer and Painter, with an emphasis on realistic in-game results
- Excellent High and Low poly modeling skills, with demonstrated skill in quality baking of textures
- Demonstrable track record of showing strong initiative and owning content end-to-end to ensure artistic and gameplay goals work together in in-game environments
- Understanding of Architectural principles, Engineering fundamentals, materials and lighting
- Complete work as expected under reasonable deadlines
- Ability to rapidly master proprietary tools and development pipelines
- Ability to be resourceful and come up with creative solutions to get the best result on multiple target platforms
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Passion for gaming and Obsidian-style, CRPGs
- Experience with Unreal 4, or CryEngine
- Concept development skills
- Experience lighting levels